Skip to main content

One Year and Counting…..

Thoughts from the road…..

Living a semi-primitive lifestyle these past weeks out on the land where I birthed and raised my children and raised myself into an adult, living without electricity and running water has reminded me (and us) of the sanctity of fire and water and the privilege of using them wisely, to comfort and nurture.  Of course, lest I wax too romantic, we can just jump into the car and go down the mountain to a friend’s house for showers….. or internet access…..

This week has been the one year anniversary of this blog and website coming on-line, Friday (8/15) to be exact!  It has been a momentous time; a time of finding my feet planted more and more firmly underneath myself in a new community, in a new livelihood.  Having been a columnist for many years before burning out, I was curious to notice how my voice would develop; what did I have to offer to an undefined world out there?  Who would be interested in the new offerings emerging out of my fertile imagination?

The results have been gratifying.  When one of my blogs reached over 100 readers, I was elated.  Comments from friends have been gratefully received, but when they began to come from people I didn’t know, friends in the making, I have been amazed.  Such is the power of cyber space.  We learn from each other in ways we had not previously imagined possible.

As I move into this second year of sending out my thoughts and mind-wanderings, I make a few commitments;
* to keep posting on a near-weekly basis.  When I began I couldn’t imagine going back to a weekly deadline, and I didn’t.  But somehow, here at the end of the year I see that I have averaged once weekly, and more!  I feel surprised and so gratified for this!

* to continue interspersing odd bits of poetry along with general musings and pep talks, mostly for myself, SO glad when they are helpful to you.  I think of the teaching that I learned in the Reclaiming Tradition of offering ‘relentless support’.  That’s a big piece of this blog for me and, hopefully, for you too.

* to respond to your comments as quickly and as fully as I possible.  We are all teachers and learners here together!

* and mostly, to dig deeper into my, and our, connections between the Divine and the daily details in order that we each live our lives as fully as can be possible in any moment.  For this is the crux of living for me: How can we bring our human selves and our divine selves together in the NOW in order to live our lives fully, as whole, awakened beings?



Comments