Skip to main content

The Full Moon Speaks


My full, round-belly self shines this night.  Sailing higher and higher, the Sun and I play, gifting me this time to shine.
Big and luminous, I beam goodness and rejoice that you dance around your fires, in your living rooms, together or alone in my honor!

For too many years I shone on emptiness with barely a nod to my majesty.  But the wheel has turned, as it does, and, like the tides I remain.  Can you imagine the power of being for all of this time? The ages gone by, you call history.  To me, they are a moment.

There are those who declared me a dead hunk of cold rock held in my orbit around your earth by the mystery they call gravity. I am as different than your cameras and instruments can measure as my dark side it different from my bright.

And yet, dark and bright, I am One.  For the bright must always give way to the darkness as the darkness will once again turn bright.
In Me is the wisdom of cycles: cycles reflected in your seas, the womb of your kind, cycles reflected in your blood.
In me is the long view.  And I tell you, “That which lasts is Love.”

You who can hear my voice, take this time and space, look up!   Your smile reflects my majesty as you receive my gift.  A gift that opens the heart and pours out wonder.

Feed your heart
within your body
your finite dying body.

Feel your heart
your precious heart
feel it open and
open and
open.

Watch it swell beyond the portions
of a single life time,
sailing beyond human ken
out into the great unknown.
Come to me
Come to me
Come to me.

This connection, fine and strong,
stretching towards the
Infinite,
Where we are one.

So open your human arms,
circle and dance,
sing and drum,
let poetry drip from your pen.
Tonight we celebrate in my honor.
Tonight we hold mystery
complete and
Full.

Comments

  1. Beautiful!~ The full moon always reminds me that we are all connected. We are one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment