Skip to main content

A Seedpod Bursts Open


Welcome to my new website/blog.  Here I will share thoughts and opinions that I hope will intrigue you, or perhaps bring you to new openings or questions. 

Like a ripe seedpod bursting open, I announce my growing counseling practice.  My passion for working with others on their spiritual path has evolved through the years and become central to my life.

For 30 years I was a business owner, landscape designer and laborer, living on a mountain top in rural Massachusetts.  For the most part, service to the Goddess and to Spirit was my personal journey.  But coming to Ontario I felt a greater desire to serve others.

So I pulled out my old and somewhat rusty M.Ed. and polished it to a bright, shiny star and placed it at the apex of my firmament.  When I took a good look at the twists and turns my path has taken since my student days of the mid-1970’s, I found that a strong thread connects my new work to passions that were always present.

Years of workshops and study groups, women’s circles and readings, Witch camps and silent meditation retreats; they each revealed another step along this path unfolding; a path that I walked simply because it called. 

As is so often the case in life, it is only when we look back that we can see where we have come. In the late 1990’s I gardened for an elderly gentleman, creating a living gift for his beloved wife of 60 years.  During this time I also had my first experience of The Goddess speaking through me and I was moved to share the experience with him.  I will never forget his response. “Just look at who [The Goddess] you are talking with.  You won't know what this all means until you look back at it 20 years from now!”

He was right.  And although it’s not quite 20 years, Her instructions echo in my heart, “It’s all very well and good this cocoon you’ve made for yourself with the flowers and the plants.  But you must leave it in order to fly!”
  
As I look back I see an unbroken strand stretching from those early studies through the years of motherhood and living on the land; taking trainings and offering them, singing in circles; honoring each others’ voices and the voices of the unseen ones.  This strand stretches through the years of working with the Earth, honoring the cycles of the seasons and the cycles of the Moon, honing my awareness of the world seen and unseen while deepening and opening to a richer day-to-day life. 

In welcoming you to my website/blog, I welcome myself into this, the third part of my life, the Time of the Elder.  Now is the time to harvest any wisdom I have gathered in the service of those who come. 

When you look back over your life’s path, what strands create the path you walk?

Comments