Skip to main content

Knowing the Wisdom of Our Own Being



In 1976 a friend gifted me with a deck of Tarot cards along with a book and the statement, “you will be needing these…”

Thus, a journey began.

 

For a few years I studied the book she had given me. I studied the cards. I loved some of them. I feared others. I wrapped them in a special piece of silk and found a box to be their home. I carried them everywhere I traveled. And I traveled extensively in those days. I did readings for myself. I did readings for friends. We became allies, the cards and I.

I wondered about my Eastern European bloodlines. Perhaps I had some Romany blood somewhere back there, back then.

 

I remembered my mother reading tea leaves for us, for friends, when I was small. I remember her stopping. Refusing when asked, dismissing it as a ‘party game’.

I remember her talking about her Grandmother who she claimed was truly a witch. I remember when she stopped saying that.

 

As it turns out, that friend all of those years ago, was on to something. She has since turned towards Christian Mysticism and our paths diverged. But the cards stayed with me.

I still have and use those first cards, and my collection of decks, all gifts, and runes (home made and consecrated), bones, and found objects has grown.

 

Divination is one path to the unfolding of our deepest wisdom and it’s an accessible path. 

Pick a card, any card as the saying goes. 

Sit with it.

Ask it to tell you its story.

Recognize that the story it tells is your story.

Wait.

And listen.

 

Our wisdom is always speaking. It wants to be heard. 

Can we, will we, hear the tale it tells?

 

 

*************          *****          ***************

 

If you are seeking ways to develop your relationship with your intuition, Divination is an excellent path to pursue.

It’s great to begin by consulting a book. There are some fine ones out there.

But when the time comes that the book feels generic; when you seek deeper information, specific to you and your situation.

That’s when you begin learning to trust your intuition.

 

Here are a few ways to receive the message the cards, or Runes, offer…..

 

*Your Presence is required! Begin by grounding and aligning and 

  connecting yourself with your internal sense of presence.

 

* Sit with your card. Press it between your palms. Listen

 

* Hold the card against your heart or your third eye. Ask it for its 

   message. Listen

 

* Look at your card closely. Ground, center and open. Go within. Imagine yourself as a figure in the card. Let the card’s message unfold within you. When you return from this journey, offer gratitude to the card for revealing the way in which its story is your story. Take notes.

 

Comments

  1. Thank you Sophia! Reading tarot cards for myself and others has been an important part of my journey as a witch. I have realized that it takes many years to really gain mastery in this ancient art but it is well worth the effort. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can take time but sometimes the connection with the cards (or runes or whatever) is instantaneous. There have been decks, specifically Daughters of the Moon, that I picked up and they spoke right away. Others, like R.J, Stewart's DreamPower Tarot it took quite some time to connect. But once the connection was made, it went deep.

      Delete

Post a Comment