Skip to main content

Blessings of Resilience to Us All!


Resilience

The wild beating heart
stands present and at
the ready
when life calls.

Showered in golden light
it illumines all.  And yet
if we travel the distance
there exists
an edge.
And at that edge, at that
exact place where
light meets dark, that is
the home of excitement.

Growth twines through our lives
in strength,
in mystery.  We finite humans,
we never know
cannot know,
when we open that door
to change, what
we will find.  But the
adventure of stepping forth
in wonder
begs the tantalizing
question we name
Beauty.

She calls to us once.
And again, until
tugging at my heart,
I jump.

And, once more
find that I
can
fly.

I posted this at the end of yesterday's blog as a coda to the series about Story.  I post it here again as a Equinox offering to remind us that the edge, the balance point between light and darkness, is the place that we find we can fly.

Equinox Blessings to us all!

Comments