Skip to main content
That which has been 
is coming undone
And yet the form
is held

in the arms of
Mystery
the path
forward
is unclear
and yet we follow it

may the unfolding 
be taken
in love




On the recent New Moon, just as COVID-19 began to make its presence felt here in southwestern Ontario, I drew a Tarot card. Some of you know that I frequently draw Tarot cards so naturally I would at this pivotal time.

I used R. J. Stewart’s  Dreampower Tarot. Here is a photo of the card. It is called The Observatory and is part of the major Arcana.

The poem (above) is the beginning of my understanding about it. Here’s the some more…..

A candle in the wind. How is it that I find myself in the far reaches of space and yet my light continues to burn brightly?  Am I a beacon? Perhaps we are all beacons. 
We tend our flame to light the way so that others can see that they are not alone; so that they can find a way forward. We offer the message, showing our light remains possible, even when the known world is coming apart.

When our flame holds steady, holds true we find a new path. We light the way into a future unknown. And we bring our skills, our tools, our experience with us, blazing a trail into the future.

There are so many ways to shine our light: 
We shine our light when we check in on a friend. 
When we stay home except for the essentials. 
When we plant our gardens. 
When we smile and wave to a neighbor from across the road. 
When we cook a good meal. 
When we treat ourselves gently. 
When we comfort our scared, overwhelmed children.
Each time we wash our hands. 

The list is endless.

The way I am showing up is by putting my life on line: my private counseling practice, Writer’s Circles, classes and trainings. I welcome your inquiries. I will post updates and new classes shortly.

Despite the winds of change that appear to threaten us, our light can still shine brightly.

Comments