Skip to main content

Sing Praises For the Moon


“Uh oh,” I thought
looking out across the
snow-covered yard towards
the darkened house and the
fence gate beyond.  My
late afternoon client would
have to pick her way through
trench-like pathways we had
dug in the foot deep snow with
no light to guide her.

Then we said “good night” and
“thank you”. 
She turned to face the
walk, took three steps out
into the cold night and
looked up.  She flashed me a
smile “nice sky” she said.

I turned back
to my desk
made a few notes, gathered
my datebook, clipboard,
shawl and turned off
the light.

Stepping out into the darkened
silent
snow-covered
world
I, too, looked up.


There, across the yard
hanging just above the garden gate
where I had never seen Her before,

as a signpost to
light the way
The Full Moon hung
in true glory

shining the way home.

Comments